1. a detailed plan for a journey, especially a list of places to visit; plan of travel.
2. a line of travel; route.
3. an account of a journey; record of travel.
4. a book describing a route or routes of travel with information helpful to travellers; guidebook for travellers.
5. of or pertaining to travel or travel routes.
6. itinerant; pertaining to a person who alternates between working and wandering.
Etymology: fom Late Latin itinerarius, “pertaining to a journey”, neuter itinerarium, “an account of a journey, a road-book”, from iter, “a way, journey”.